What is the Maths Ninja Challenge?
Mangahigh.com is on the lookout for the top school across Ireland! This online maths competition will see all schools across Ireland compete with each other, in the challenge to be a maths ninja across the 9 day challenge period.
Students complete maths activities, which in turn contributes medal points to your school's tally!
Lessons are automatically assigned to students based on their age, so it's very simple to get started! Teachers may further personalise their students' learning by assigning specific Mangahigh lessons to them using our easy-to-use teaching platform - however this is NOT essential for participation.
This is a great opportunity to see the impact digital game-based learning can have on your students whilst also increasing the profile of maths across the school. It's free to join, and amazing prizes up for grabs!
Win a Real Medal!
How does the competition work?
With Mangahigh, students have full access to engaging maths lessons all day, every day. This means students can work through the lessons at home, or in class - providing a great opportunity to see the impact digital games-based learning can have on students, while also dramatically raising the profile of maths at your school.
Students are extremely enthusiastic about such challenges and teachers often use this as an opportunity to set extra work for students during the period of the challenge.
Students earn medal points by completing curriculum-aligned games and adaptive quizzes on Mangahigh. All points accumulate towards the school's running total which places the school on the Ninja Maths Competition Leaderboard.
COMPLETE ACTIVITIES RECOMMENDED TO STUDENTS
The Mangahigh system automatically provides a list of activities for your students to complete, based on their age, and performance on various topics. These are found under the Recommended section on the Students Page.
TEACHERS ASSIGN SPECIFIC TASKS TO ACCELERATE LEARNING
During the period of the challenge, you may also assign extra activities to your students. To do this, you will need a Mangahigh Teacher Account. It's very simple! Here's a quick guide
INDIVIDUAL STUDENTS PRIZE
The GOAL for students is to earn as many medal points by completing lessons to achieve either a Bronze standard, Silver standard or Gold standard. Every Bronze standard achieved collects 1 medal point, a Silver standard achieved is worth 2 medal points, and a Gold standard achieved adds 3 medal points.
Every student earning 150+ new medal points during the competition will win a real Mangahigh medal which will be sent their school in the post following the competition!
Earn 150+ points
You can have as many student logins split into as many classes as you'd like. If you're not sure of the breakdown per class, simply email us the total number of students you'd like to take part.
If your students already have Mangahigh logins set up, you can use these. If your students already have Mangahigh logins set up, but you would like to issue them with new ones during the competition to allow for more point scoring opportunity, just email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Register your interest in the competition by filling out the form below and selecting a training session that suits you and other members of staff.
2. Inform other teachers in your school about the competition. If they can't make the same training date as you, they are welcome to sign-up independently and pick a different training date. Note, the more teachers from your school that participate, the better your chances of winning the competition.
3. We'll set up the student accounts for your school (if you are new to Mangahigh). To speed things up, please send your student list as an Excel file arranged in three columns (first name, last name, and class) to email@example.com ASAP.
However if you'd prefer to take part in the competition with generic logins (i.e. Student 1, Student 2 etc) then all you need to do is log in, select the Admin tab, followed by the pink "+" button. Then fill in your details, generate, and repeat as necessary.
Alternatively, if you'd prefer to take part in the competition with generic logins (i.e. Student 1, Student 2 etc) then all you need to do is email firstname.lastname@example.org with the number of logins you need and how these should be split into classes. For example:
Class 1 = 30 logins
Class 2 = 28 logins
Class 3 = 33 logins
How do I get started?
FREE TO SIGN UP
Teachers, to register your school for the competition, please complete the below form. Also email email@example.com letting us know the number of student logins you require and we'll get everything set up for you as soon as possible.
Students, please do not complete the below form, this is for teachers only. Your school needs to register for the competition, and they will then provide you with a set of login details. Individual students cannot register themselves to take part in the competition. Please speak to your teacher if you are not sure of your Mangahigh login details.
The competition is open to all Secondary and Primary Schools in Ireland, regardless of school size, location and previous experience with Mangahigh.com. You are welcome to enrol as many teachers and students as you like.
Who should participate?
You are highly encouraged to attend one of the training session. If you can't make these times, please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll arrange for you to attend an alternate session, or provide alternative support to assist you in getting ready.
The competition will run from 00:01, 14th October until 23:59, 22nd October
What is Mangahigh?
Mangahigh.com is an online platform for delivering maths education in schools. Currently in use by over 5000 schools globally, Mangahigh helps deliver the curriculum through purpose built games and game-like activities to support and engage 21st century learners.
Mangahigh's ever-growing maths content library offers comprehensive coverage of your curriculum for ages 5-16. The carefully designed lessons balance a behaviourist approach that encourages procedural fluency with rigorous pedagogy and the clear explanation of concepts.
Featuring a powerful suite of classroom management and analytical tools, Mangahigh provides teachers with everything they need to teach maths in a fun and engaging way.
What are the dates of the competition?
- 00:01, 14th October until 23:59, 22nd October
Is there a COST to my school?
- The Maths Ninja Challenge is FREE for schools to participate in and there is NO obligation to continue to use the Mangahigh after the challenge.
How many teachers / students need to participate from each school- You are encouraged to enrol as many teachers and students as you like. However, to be eligible, you must be a bona fide school. No tutoring services or home-schoolers are eligible.
What do I need to do to participate?
-Register your interest by completing the form above.
What format are the training sessions and how long will they last?
-The training sessions are webinars that usually last between 30 - 45min. The sessions cover handy tips for the competition, and ensure you know how to get maximum benefit out of Mangahigh.com.
What age levels does Mangahigh cover?
-Mangahigh covers over 30 international curricula for ages 5-16.
What types of activities are available on Mangahigh?
-Mangahigh offers 700+ activities split between arcade style games and traditional quizzes.
How will you protect students' personal data?
What if I have other questions?
-Contact us at email@example.com
1. To enter the Maths Ninja Challenge your school must be a school located in the Republic of Ireland or Northern Ireland, and have a school account on Mangahigh.com.
2. The Term of the challenge will run from 00:01am 14th October through to 23:59 22nd October 2017.
3. Only bona fide schools are eligible to compete in the challenge. Home schools or non-school organisations are not eligible.
4. Only bona fide students are eligible to participate in the challenge. Schools with anything more than experimental use from academic staff during the Term of the challenge may be excluded from the challenge.
5. Any foul play, cheating, or attempted manipulation of the results will result in a permanent exclusion of the offending school from the challenge. Mangahigh's judgement on this point will be final.
6. In the event of an exact tie, Mangahigh's judges will take into account school spirit, and the number of skills mastered per participating student, to determine a single winner. The judges' decision will be final.
7. The winning school will be announced by Monday 23rd October 2017. The winner will be notified by email.
8. By entering the competition the winner agrees to participate in such reasonable promotional activity and material as Mangahigh may require.
9. This competition will be operated by Blue Duck Education Ltd., 3rd Floor, 26 Finsbury Square, London, United Kingdom.
11. Mangahigh will offer full and unrestricted access to all participating schools for the duration of the competition.
12. The competition will only run if there are MINIMUM of 15 schools taking part.
13. All students earning 150+ new medal points during the period of the challenge will win a real Mangahigh medal, which will be sent to their school after the competition ends.
14. The top ten schools on the leaderboard at 12pm on 22nd October will be announced by Monday 23rd October 2017. Prizes will be forwarded to winning students and teachers within 4 weeks of the completion of the challenge.
15. Cash/voucher prizes will be awarded to the school and it is the school Principal's choice as to how they wish to spend the money.
Terms and Conditions